Cambodian and Cambodian American
- Chiemruom, Sothea. Dara’s Cambodian New Year. Illustrated by Dam Nang Pin. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1994.
- Coburn, Jewel Reinhart. Angkat: The Cambodian Cinderella. Illustrated by Eddie Flotte. Fremont, CA: Shen’s Books, 1998.
- Lau, Barbara and Kris Nesbit. Sokita Celebrates the New Year: A Cambodian American Holiday. Pictures by Cedric N. Chatterley. Greensboro, NC: Greensboro Historical Museum, 2004.
- Lee, Jeanne M. Silent Lotus. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 1994.
- Lipp, Frederick. The Caged Birds of Phnom Penh. Illustrated by Ronald Himler. New York: Holiday House, 2001.
- Lipp, Frederick. Running Shoes. Illustrated by Jason Gaillard. Watertown, MA: Charlesbridge Publishing, 2008.
- Lord, Michelle. Little Sap and Monsieur Rodin. Illustrated by Felicia Hoshino. New York: Lee & Low Books, 2006.
- O’Brien, Anne Sibley. A Path of Stars. Watertown, MA: Charlesbridge: 2012.
- pierSath, Chath. Sinat and the Instrument of the Heart. Illustrated by Van Nath and Phal Pouriseth. Norwalk, CT: Soundprints, 2010.
- Reicherter, Daryn. The Cambodian Dancer: Sophany’s Gift of Hope. Illustrated by Christy Hale. Translated by Bophal Penh. Rutland, VT: Tuttle Publishing, 2015.
- Smith, Icy. Half Spoon of Rice: A Survival Story of the Cambodian Genocide. Illustrated by Sopaul Nhem. Manhattan Beach, CA: East West Discovery Press, 2010.
- West, Nancy. Kali Leads the Way. Illustrated by Dana Kash. Thornwood, NY: Off Lead Publications, 2006.
Children’s Chapter Books
- Baillie, Allan. Little Brother. New York: Viking, 1992.
- Feeney, Michael. The Bora Boys and the Last Big Door. Nantucket, MA: M.J. Feeney and Sons, 2003.
- Ho, Minfong. The Clay Marble. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 1991.
Young Adult Books
- Crew, Linda. Children of the River. New York: Delacorte Press, 1989.
- Flanagan, Liz. Dara’s Clever Trap: A story from Cambodia. Cambridge, MA: Barefoot Books, 2014.
- Ho, Minfong. The Two Brothers. New York: Lothrop, Lee, and Shepard, 1995.
- Ho, Minfong. The Stone Goddess. London: Orchard Books, 2003.
- Ly, Many. Home is East. New York: Delacorte, 2005.
- Ly, Many. Roots and Wings. New York: Delacorte Press, 2008.
- McCormick, Patricia. Never Fall Down. New York: Balzer and Bray, 2012.
- Schmidt, Gary D. Trouble. New York: Clarion Books, 2008.
- Thompson, Holly. The Language Inside. New York: Delacorte, 2013.
- Coburn, Jewell Reinhart. Angkat: The Cambodian Cinderella. Illustrated by Edmund Flotte. Fremont, CA: Shen’s Books, 1998. (picture book)
- Hamilton, Martha and Mitch Weiss. Tricky Rabbit: A Story From Cambodia to Read and Tell. Illustrated by Pat Paris. Katonah, NY: Richard C. Owen, 2006.
- Ho, Minfong and Saphan Ros. Brother Rabbit: A Cambodian Tale. Illustrated by Jennifer Hewitson. New York: Lothrop, Lee, and Shepherd, 2006.
- Lucas, Alice. How the Farmer Tricked the Evil Demon. Illustrated by Kosal Kong. Los Angeles: Pacific Asia Press, 1994. (picture book)
- Neak, Touch. Retold by Alice Lucas and translated by Samol Tan. The Mountain of Men and the Mountain of Women: A Cambodian Folktale. Illustrated by You-Shan Tang. San Francisco, CA: Voices of LIberty, 1990.
- Spagnoli, Cathy and Lina Mao Wall (adapted). Judge Rabbit and the Tree Spirit: A Folktale from Cambodia. Illustrated by Nancy Hom. San Francisco, CA: Children’s Book Press, 1991. (picture book)
- Spagnoli, Cathy. Judge Rabbit Helps the Fish: A Tale from Cambodia. Translated by Kat Thacker. Bothell, WA: Wright Group, 1995. (picture book)
- Gutradt, Gail. In a Rocket Made of Ice: Among the Children of Wat Opot. New York: Knopf, 2014. (young adult)
- Lord, Michelle. A Song for Cambodia. Illustrated by Shino Arihara. New York: Lee & Low Books, 2008. (picture book)
- Kuckreja, Madhavi. Prince Norodom Sihanouk. New York: Chelsea House, 1990.
- Max, Jill. Strangers in Black: A Young Boy’s Struggle to Survive in Khmer Rouge, Cambodia. Unionville, NY: Royal Fireworks Press, 2006.
- Keat, Nawuth with Martha E. Kendall. Alive in the Killing Fields: Surviving the Khmer Rouge Genocide. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Books, 2009. (young adult)
- Pung, Alice. Unpolished Gem: My Mother, My Grandmother, and Me. New York: Plume., 2006. (young adult)
- Ung, Loung. First They Killed My Father: a daughter of Cambodia Remembers. New York: HarperCollins, 2000. (young adult)
- Ung, Loung. Lucky Child: A daughter of Cambodia reunites with the sister she left behind. New York: HarperCollins, 2005. (young adult)
- Ung, Loung. Lulu in the Sky: A Daughter of Cambodia Finds Love, Healing, and Double Happiness. New York: Harper Perennial, 2012 (young adult)