Thai and Thai American
- Bridges, Shirin Yim. The Umbrella Queen. Illustrated by Taeeun Yoo. New York: Greenwillow Books, 2008.
- Ho, Minfong. Hush! A Thai Lullaby. Illustrated by Holly Meade. New York: Orchard Books, 1996.
- Ho, Mingfong. Peek! A Thai Hide-and-Seek. Illustrated by Holly Meade. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2004.
- Lipp, Frederick. Bread Song. Illustrated by Jason Gaillard. New York: Mondo, 2004.
Children’s Chapter Books
- Harris, R.P. Tua and the Elephant. San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books, 2012.
- Ho, Minfong. Sing to the Dawn. Illustrated by Kwoncjan Ho. New York: William Morrow, 1975.
- Marsden, Carolyn. The Gold-Threaded Dress. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2002.
- Marsden, Carolyn. Silk Umbrellas. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2004. (sequel to The Gold-Threaded Dress)
- Marsden, Carolyn. The Quail Club. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick PRess, 2006. (sequel to Silk Umbrellas)
- Richardson, Judith Benét. First Came the Owl. New York: Henry Holt, 1996.
- Vejjajiva, Jane. The Happiness of Kati. New York: Atheneum Books, 2006.
Young Adult Books
- Cheva, Cherry. She’s So Money. New York: HarperTeen, 2008.
- Ho, Minfong. Rice Without Rain. New York: HarperCollins, 1990.
- Krudop, Walter Lyon. The Man Who Caught Fish. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2000. (picture book)
- MacDonald, Margaret Read and Supapron Vathanaprida. The Girl Who Wore Too Much. Illustrated by Yvonne Lebrun Davis.Little Rock, AR: August House Littlefolk, 1998. (picture book)
- Darling, Kathy. The Elephant Hospital. Photographs by Tara Darling. Brookfield, CT: Millbrook Press, 2002. (picture book)
- Morris, Ann and Heidi Larson. Tsunami: Helping Each Other. Brookfield, CT: Millbrook Press, 2005. (picture book)
- Sobol, Richard. An Elephant in the Backyard. New York: Dutton Books, 2004. (picture book)