- Gerstein, Mordicai. The Mountains of Tibet. New York: Harper & Row, 1987.
- Hagbrink, Bodil. The Children From Tibet. Illustrated by Patricia Crampton. Blackie Children’s Books, 1991.
- Rose, Naomi. Tashi and the Tibetan Flower Cure. Lee & Low Books, 2011.
- Ruddra, Anshumani. Dorje’s Stripes. Illustrated by Gwangjo and Park Jung-A Park. Tulsa, OK: Kane/Miller Book Publishers, 2010.
- Soros, Barbara. Tenzin’s Deer: A Tibetan Tale. Illustrated by Danuta Mayer. Cambridge, MA: Barefoot Books, 2003.
- Trottier, Maxine. Little Dog Moon. Illustrated by Laura Fernandez and Rick Jacobson. Markham, ON, Canada: Fitzhenry and Whiteside, 2000.
Children’s Chapter Books
- Rankin, Louise. Daughter of the Mountains. New York: Viking, 1948.
Young Adult Books
- Whitesel, Cheryl Alwyard. Rebel: A Tibetan Odyssey. New York: HarperCollins, 2000.
- Benson, Sandra. Tales of the Golden Corpse: Tibetan Folktales. Illustrated by Sherup and Jetsun Pema. Northhampton, MA: Interlink Books, 2007. (young adult)
- Berger, Barbara Helen. All the Way to Lhasa: A Tale from Tibet. New York: Philomel Books, 2002. (picture book)
- Demi. The Donkey and the Rock. New York: Henry Holt, 1999. (picture book)
- Rose, Naomi C. Tibetan Tales for Little Buddhas. Santa Fe, NM: Clear Light Press, 2004. (picture book)
- Rose, Naomi C. Tibetan Tales from the Top of the World. Santa Fe, NM: Clear Light Pub., 2009. (older kids)